Roofing Annex offers customized property maintenance packages for commercial properties throughout the Cincinnati and Dayton region.
Lack of regular roof maintenance puts a property at risk from water damage and may void your warranty.
Roofing Annex customizes property maintenance plans to fit the roof type, roof age, and the budgeting needs of the property manager. These plans incorporate annual inspections by our Haag Certified Inspectors to review the condition of your roof. These inspections help prevent systemic damage and enable us to keep detailed documentation of any potential or actual problems.
Our technicians perform the following services, plus any predetermined customization agreed upon, yearly or biannually:
- Full roofing system inspection
- General exterior evaluations (gutters, siding and fanciful metalwork)
- Documentation/reporting (photos and inspection details)
- Recommendations report and free estimates
- Integrated budgeting support to maximize on the ROI
- Small, on-the-spot maintenance repairs, as necessary
- Scheduling larger repairs and seeing them through
Property Maintenance Program Can Also Include:
- Moisture survey inspections
- Regular cleaning of roof surface (especially at drains)
- Examining surface membrane (checking for bald spots)
- Checking for un-adhered seams and tears in membrane
- Close examination of ponding areas
- Core samples on low slope roofs
- Checking metal flashing and caulking at equipment penetrations
- Renovation of existing roof system to maintenance status
- Response within 24 hours for leak repairs; 48 hours for other emergencies
- 24/7 Assurance Program for year round weather monitoring
How Property Maintenance Can Work for You
Our commercial roofing maintenance solutions are designed to help you get more life out of your current roofing system. However, many property managers forget that roof maintenance pays off in the long run. An “out of sight, out of mind” attitude toward roofing systems is dangerous but all too common. Many owners and managers have been burned by premature roof failure that was totally avoidable. When water starts entering the building, hard assets, corporate profits — and reputations — start taking a beating. That’s where our commercial roofing maintenance comes in.
Hiring a solid contractor, such as Roofing Annex, is important in an industry where some contractors are forced to close their doors because the roof systems they install or service are short-lived. We maintain a company philosophy that is all too rare in the roofing industry: to build trust through education. To be an industry leader, we have to hire the best talent, train our staff members continuously, provide them with the latest technology, review them regularly, and watch them bring the best quality of service to our clients. Our professional team, company policies, and warranties are all first-class. When you choose Roofing Annex, you will know that your property is in the best hands.
Roof Maintenance Is a Great Investment!
Roofing systems are assets with life spans ranging from as little as six years to more than 60 years. However, most membrane roofing systems will need to be replaced or receive significant renovation after less than 20 years.
Roofs are out of sight and typically don’t get much thought until there is a problem. By then, the damage may be extensive. It takes good financial controls and a corporate commitment to ensure that the roof is maintained. The good news is that the payback can be spectacular over the long term.
Try crunching the numbers on prevention versus neglect and failure, and the pennies spent versus dollars per square foot saved will amaze you. By protecting the interior of the building, commercial roof maintenance offers huge long-term savings. Surveys show that without maintenance, most roofs end up costing about $0.17 per square foot per year. With an annual maintenance plan, most property managers can expect to pay $0.04 to $0.07 per square foot of roofing. Based on the numbers, there is no conceivable reason to neglect your roof!
The Hidden Costs of a Roof Leak
Roof leaks can result in expenses and legal exposures to your company that can be costly beyond the expense of repairing the roof! Issues that we’ve seen in the Cincinnati, Dayton and Columbus areas include:
- Loss of production/work space, leading to lost revenues
- Tenant complaints and lawsuits due to lost income
- Slip-and-fall accidents and legal claims
- Mold and mildew problems resulting in air quality issues and cleanup expenses
- Employee morale and productivity issues
- Regular and overtime labor expenses for cleanup and repair work
- Damage to interior ceiling tiles, walls and floors
- Damage to interior furnishings and fixtures
- Damage to interior office equipment
- Damage to interior production equipment
- Damage to finished goods and inventory
- Damage to electrical systems
The problem for most companies is that they do not track these consequential damages as being roofing-related expenses. We can all see the folly in this. To sum it up, many companies are reactive, not proactive, when it comes to roofing needs.
The good thing is that with Roofing Annex contractors on your side, you can essentially neglect your roof without having it fall apart. Our bills are truly more like savings, and our reports will keep you in the know.