Affordable Genuine Slate Roofing
Roofing Annex is proud to offer this fine product to our clients in Cincinnati because it is the best product on the market for those who want a real slate roof. With 3 gorgeous colors to choose from (see above), you’re sure to find the fit you’re looking for. It is also possible to mix colors if you want your roof to really pop!
The TruSlate® Premium Roofing System from GAF can make your dream of owning a genuine slate roof a reality. The TruSlate® system features:
- Real S1-grade hand-split quarried slate from North America’s finest quarries (not a synthetic imitation)
- An affordable luxury (often comparable to the cost of the cheap-looking imitations)
- Perfect for new construction or remodeling (because it typically eliminates the expensive structural modifications that traditionally installed slate requires)
- Improves your home’s resale value (and may even help you to sell it more quickly)
What Makes TruSlate So Great?
- On a traditionally installed slate roof, half of each slate is never seen, because it’s tucked under the piece above it. GAF replaced this wasted slate with a high-tech waterproofing material. With this ingenious design, the TruSlate® System can be installed on almost any roof.
- 50 Year Warranty! Most Slate roofs come with a manufacturers warranty that lasts as long, covers the entire roofing system, and the parts and labor!
- With a proper instruction and care, a TruSlate® Premium Roofing System can be installed even during the harshest weather conditions because installation does not require that you nail the slate. The unique hanger system and UV moisture barrier provide protection for the roof during all types of weather.
Q: The TruSlate® Premium Roofing System is lighter in weight than a traditionally installed slate system. Are the slates thinner than traditionally installed slate?
A: No. In fact, at 1/4” to 3/8” our slates are comparable to traditionally installed slate. Our weight savings comes from the length reduction. We have cleverly eliminated the wasted slate (i.e., the part you never see) and replaced it with an ultra-tough waterproofing material (UnderBlock™ UV & Moisture Barrier). In short, what you see is real, genuine slate. What you don’t see, isn’t.
Q: What is the ultra-tough material and is it durable?
A: UnderBlock™ UV & Moisture Barrier is a specially blended high density polyethylene (HDPE). HDPE is widely known for its durability and is commonly used as a geomembrane for landfill liners and pond liners. It has also been used for decades as a covering for telephone wires and electrical cables. When exposed, properly blended HDPE has shown exceptional resistance to weathering, freezing, and stress cracking. Experts claim that when exposed, it should last for over 100 years. When covered (as in a landfill or with slate) it should last for hundreds of years.
Q: How is the UnderBlock™ UV and Moisture Barrier attached to the slate?
A: It’s not bonded to the slate. It’s simply installed under each course of slate.
Q: What type of roof deck protection is recommended?
A: We recommend Deck-Armor™ Roof Deck Protection, a tough, breathable, non-asphaltic product.
Q: What type of roof deck protection is recommended for Class A fire protection?
A:For UL Class “A” fire rating, use VersaShield® Fire-Resistant Roof Deck Protection in combination with an approved GAF Roof Deck Protection or GAF Leak Barrier product.
Q: What is the ASTM C406 rating on your slate?
A: All slate colors in the TruSlate® Premium Roofing System have achieved ASTM C406 S1 rating, as tested by independent and accredited laboratories.
Q: How does GAF ensure the quality of its slates?
A: Beyond typical ASTM C406 testing, GAF tests its slates to various parts of European standards and conducts comprehensive chemical and long-term testing. Much of this chemical and long-term testing is unique to GAF within the slate roofing industry.
Q: Where does your slate come from?
A: We offer only slate quarried in the United States and Canada. Our slates are selected on both quality and availability. As a natural stone, certain quality, colors and textures of slate can only be found in specific locations.
We hope you’ve enjoyed looking at this amazing series of slate tiles by GAF!
If you’d like to take a look at actual product from this series we would love to show you samples in person. Call us to schedule an at home appointment.
or make an appointment by calling us at 513.685.9092